- Senate Votes to Allow FBI to Look at Your Web Browsing History Without a Warrant
- Burn, drown, or smash your phone: Forensics can extract data anyway
- A new bill could punish web platforms for using end-to-end encryption
- French court rules that Steam’s ban on reselling used games is contrary to European law
- MEPs approve sweeping changes to copyright law
- The Legalities of Linking
- COPYRIGHT LIABILITY FOR LINKING AND EMBEDDING - Klaris Law (.PDF)
- EU court says linking to copyrighted material isn't illegal
- IP Address is Not Enough to Identify Pirate, US Court of Appeals Rules - (.PDF)
- New EU Piracy Watchlist Targets Key Pirate Sites and Cloudflare
- Domain Registrar Can be Held Liable for Pirate Site, Court Rules
- Reporting When Pirate Releases Hit The Internet is Apparently Illegal Now
- Swiss Copyright Law: Downloading Stays Legal, No Site Blocking
- Web Sheriff
- List of websites blocked in the United Kingdom
- Who Watches the Watchmen: Exploring Complaints on the Web
Internet Service Providers
- Major US ISPs Refuse to Discuss Repeat Infringer Policies
- British ISPs throw in the towel, give up sending out toothless copyright infringement warnings
- How to start your own ISP - Start your own ISP, lists tools which you need and lots of background information.
ISPs you should avoid
- Cox Communications
Piracy status among contries
- Where are torrents permitted? - A world map (picture) which shows where warez torrenting is allowed.
Countries where piracy is permitted
For personal use only. Publishing & sharing it is always illegal!
Countries where both downloading & sharing is illegal
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
Countries where torrenting copyright material is highly illegal
GeoIP restricted countries
- South Korea
Public DMCA complaints
- Lumendatabase.org - A database e.g. Google uses for their blacklist, it provides hundreds of links with movie and tv shows.
- UK ISP Court Orders - A incomplete list of websites recently taken down in the UK by the High Court.
- Counterfeit and Piracy Watch List (.PDF) - A list from 2018 provided by Europol and others, to watch the current piracy status.